The most delicious holiday of the year is upon us! National Wafel Day! Join us next week Wednesday the 24th at Hanover Square, where we will celebrate (Belgian) wafels in its full glory! The Ministry of Culinary Affairs has cut its budget (who hasn't these days) but left the department of Wafels untouched (thank you wafel lobbyists out there)! This gives us the chance to go all out again this year! Keep reading to find out how to win vintage Wafels & Dinges prizes and how to become Mister Wafel or Miss Wafel 2011 granting you (you guessed it) ONE YEAR of free wafels!
MISS WAFEL 2011 & MISTER WAFEL 2011 win ONE YEAR OF FREE WAFFLES
The Miss Wafel and Mister Wafel contestants will be judged on four criteria
- Presentations expressing how they will represent being Miss Wafel or Mister Wafel.
- Trivia contest about wafels and the country of Belgium
- Explanation of “How dinges can save the global economy”
- A Dinges Skills Competition with practical test to apply toppings to our waffles.
To participate, reply to our Facebook* event invite. Registration is open for up to 3 entries for the Miss Election, and 3 entries for the Mister Election. Submit by Tuesday, August 23rd at 4pm. The winners get a Belgian Wafel Passport that's valid until August 23rd, 2012. Incroyable!
- Contest takes place at the truck on Hanover Square
- 1pm: Mister Wafel competition
- 1:30pm Miss Wafel competition
- 2pm: Ceremonial bestowing of the Wafel Passport.
FREE WAFEL in exchange for a children's drawing of waffles or of the Wafels & Dinges truck. For the more linguistically inclined, write an original poem about Spekuloos! Top 3 will be posted on the website! Open to children of all ages (18 months to 103). We'll hang your picture/poem on the truck and you get the free wafel!
At the end of the day, the most original drawings and poems will receive an authentic Wafels & Dinges T-shirt, a Kompleet Wafels & Dinges Kit and a jar of Speculoos! 2nd prize is a Kompleet Wafels & Dinges Kit & a jar of Spekuloos and 3rd prize is a jar of Spekuloos!
- When: all day.
- AM: from 8am till 4:30pm Hanover Square
- PM: from 6pm - 10pm at the Trader Joe's at 14th St.
- Important! Don't forget to add your name & email-address so we can contact you in case you won!