Monday, December 3, 2007

Le Cannibale

Eddy Merckx is out. I mean, Eddy Merckx has served as free topping password for a few weeks now and it's time for a new Belgian phenomenon to be in the spotlight. But before we go there, I wanted to share a little password experience. The other day, a guy walked up to the W&D truck and it went like this:

Guy: "Do I still get free toppings if I say "Le cannibale"?"
Me: "I don't think this is going to be your free topping day, buddy!"
Guy: "So, it's no more "Cannibale", you know, the nickname for Eddy Merckx"
Me: "Really, was that his nickname? Well, I didn't know. In that case, you do get your free toppings"

The man turned out to be a total cycling connoisseur, and knew a million things more about Eddy than I ever did. And no, he was not Belgian. I believe he was from Brooklyn.

Also, we don't like playing the same game for too long and we believe it's time to raise the stakes (i.e. we unGoogle the password): Introducing the $1 waffle for anyone who can walk up to the truck and tell us what this beautiful piece of dialect from Louvain translates to.

"Kinde goa maa ne kie nen hiejete wafel griejet moake?"

No comments:

TODAY SHOW hosts the Waffle Guy

They don't make 'm anymore like that...