Monday, April 7, 2008

Flea Fever

You may have heard - or not - but last Sunday Brooklyn got its own flea market. Not only that, Wafels & Dinges will have its very own stand there and we will be cranking out waffles throughout the summer. Yes, as soon as the weather gets warmer we will plan on ice cream. Also, Grub Street picked up on the event...so it must be something good.
Just a quick word of thanks and congratulations to the organizers of this awesome weekly event - Eric Demby and Jonathan Butler. What an enormous achievement to put this together in just a few months! Check it out at http://www.brownstoner.com/brooklynflea/.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great waffles - delicious - and great story from a man who found there is more than the corporate life. And Mr Thomas DeGeest looks a lot more relaxed than I do in my fancy suit and shiny shoes, sitting bhind my desk.

So where are the waffle irons? My Armani pinstripes and necktie are morphing into an apron and sneakers as I write. Does anybody want to buy a pair of Gucci wingtips, hardly used? I'll throw in my cufflinks, briefcase and silk socks. Waffels and blue collar, here I come!

TODAY SHOW hosts the Waffle Guy

They don't make 'm anymore like that...