This quarter we actually have to travel back in person to go in front of parliament and have a wafel hearing. We're leaving tomorrow (me and the wafel-lady, that is) and returning on the 25th. I don't know if it's true but I heared the King may be sending a spy to the hearing. Everyone in Belgium knows that this is an issue close to the King's heart, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.
Anyways, we just won the Vendy's so overall I think we have a little more slack in deviating from Belgian waffle-orthodoxy. Plus we should be earning extra points for adding the apple-cider and raspberry or apricot jams dinges. My guess is they will let the bacon-wafel slip through. Just don't go to travel to Belgium and ask for a bacon wafel - please...
Other stuff that's on our agenda:
- Visit to our wafel-iron maker guy (repairs + new purchases)
- Visit to a few dough makers to refresh our skills in making Liege dough
- Visit to the cycling museum in Roeselare
- A presentation to a European MBA program (ha, never got to do that when working for IBM!!)
- Meeting with a local artisanal spekuloos maker
- And of course...status report presentation to the Belgium parliament (and to the King's spies)
Yes, also french fries with mayonnaise.
And drink lot's of beer.