This quarter the reporting date coincides with International Waffle Day (which actually originates in Sweden). Belgians, and especially the folks at the Ministry, couldn't give a flying dinges about I.W.D., since in Belgium EVERY day is waffle day. But hey, we're the Special Envoys for the Ministry here in NYC, and some people think it's a big deal (for example, this writer at Citysearch who blatantly forgets to list the Wafels & Dinges truck in his special IWD article: http://newyork.citysearch.com/list/186401. Sir, which dungeon have you been hiding in?)
So here's our status report to the Ministery and to the King (pre-profanities):
- Dear Ms. Vanderindevoorde, Dear Royal Highness King Albert II
- Everything's good in NYC. Sun's out again and winter's almost over.
- We've added a few downtown locations. Downtown people are tres cool. Ah oui.
- Bobby Flay was a very nice in person. We had good fun.
- We're thinking of hiring a local Belgian guy, teaching him NY-ese.
- Most of all, we're building some waffle-carts. Almost done. Fixed locations to be announced soon.
- We have some BIG menu surprises coming for spring (see secret memo XVIII-A-IV-cf-Z).
- Say hi to the family and friends in Belgium.
Special Envoy for Waffles
Belgian Ministery for Culinary Affairs.