Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fix it, dammit!

Some of you may remember the Brussels Wafel hick-up we had, when our customers found that Brussels waffles weren't always fresh. Back then, we heard you, and we fixed it, promising to only serve fresh fresh Brussels waffles. We've had another situation on our hands now. Since we like to play open cards, we'll let the customers voice be heard here. This is from "D.:

Hello,
I purchased a vanilla waffle with strawberries today from the truck. This was my second purchase. The waffle I purchased today seemed smaller, denser, far less tasty than the one I purchased the last time. The waffle didn't seem cooked. Last time the waffle was sweet and crunchy on the outside light on the inside. However, this time everything tasted awful. If different people make the waffles every day, please quality check the product before selling it to consumers. I'm sorry that my first experience could not be repeated. This is a courtesy email to encourage you to be more careful about the product. You seemed like such a nice person and I would hate for your business to end because of poor quality.
Best,
D


Ouch, double ouch. If this friendly lady had such an experience, I am sure there are more of you out there who have been disappointed in the last week. I don't want anyone to be disappointed when they come to the Wafels & Dinges truck - it's supposed to be fun and delicious! So, unlike Eliot Spitzer, we can actually explain this AND we ARE FIXING IT IMMEDIATELY. Here's my response to "D."

Dear D.,

Thank you very much for your letter. It was the right thing to do and I really appreciate it.
I am very sorry about the poor experience you had today. We normally don't serve those types of Liege waffles, and we shouldn't have. Our ingredient shipment from Belgium was a week late due to technical issues with the ocean-freighter. So we ended up with an emergency fix from a local vendor which in the end proved more harm than help. We will discontinue those waffles immediately and stop serving until the real Liege waffles are back (shipment should arrive tomorrow, Thursday). I look forward to seeing you again at the truck.
Kind regards,

Thomas

No comments:

TODAY SHOW hosts the Waffle Guy

They don't make 'm anymore like that...